The Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro builds on the success of the Rode VideoMic
Pro Stereo VideoMic with improved stereo reproduction, sound quality and
ergonomic design. The Stereo VideoMic's capsule feature a matched pair of 1/2"
cardioid condenser capsules, mounted in a coincident X/Y position for accurate
stereo imagery and detail. The microphone's small, ergonomic footprint features
an integrated shock mounting system for superior isolation from vibration and
mechanical noise. The multi-strand output cable is terminated with a 1/8"
(3.5mm) output connector and delivers significantly lower noise transference
than traditional audio cable.
The included shoe mount features an
integrated shockmount system for even further protection against handling noise.
The Stereo VideoMic features a high pass filter switch at 75Hz for minimizing
low frequency noise, and a -10dB Pad for maximizing headroom for capturing loud
signals without distortion. The +20dB level boost switch is specifically
designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated,
camera preamp level is reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much
- Matched pair 1/2" condenser capsules in XY stereo configuration
- Ultra lightweight, compact form factor
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 75Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- 9V battery powered - over 100 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output
- Billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8" thread for easy boompole